Hospitality at the Alpenstern spa hotel
Our hearts are in the right place
Alpenstern Damüls is our home, a place in which we feel secure and relaxed. Our roots are in the Bregenzerwald region, too – and those roots run deep. We consider innovation to be essential, but never lose sight of the values and traditions that shape our identity.
Our aim is to ensure you fell ‘at home’ too. At the 4-star superior Alpenstern Hotel in Damüls we do everything in our power to make sure you feel at ease. ‘Friendly’ trumps ‘formal’ every time, and our genuine hospitality and joie de vivre contribute to a great family holiday in Damüls, Vorarlberg.
- Hobbies: Mountain biking, hiking, good food
- Favorite food: Käsknöpfle, veal schnitzel
- Favorite place in Damüls in summer: Alpe Stoffel
- Favorite place in Damüls in winter: Portlahorn
- Book: The Neverending Story, Michael Ende
- Travel destination: Explore Austria more, the Dominican Republic
- Hobbies: Skiing, hiking, good food and wine
- Favorite food: Spaghetti bolognese
- Favorite place in Damüls in summer: Our local mountain, the Portlahorn
- Favorite place in Damüls in winter: square near the chapel, Alpe Oberdamüls
- Book: The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Travel destination: New York, Moscow
- Hobbies: Ski trips, mountain trips, travel, baking bread
- Favorite food: Beef tartar
- Favorite place in Damüls in summer: Lake Seewald
- Favorite place in Damüls in summer: Ski slopes of Damüls
- Favorite book: Modernist Cuisine
- Travel destination: Peru, Argentina
- Hobbies: Woodwork, making lamps from driftwood, graffiti, cooking, good food and wine
- Favorite food: My mother’s recipe for Königsberger meatballs
- Favorite place in Damüls in summer: Chapel near Alpe Oberdamüls
- Favorite place in Damüls in winter: Unterdamüls winter hiking trail
- Book: Elbschlosskeller: Kein Roman by Daniel Schmidt & Zusammen sind wir Könige: Was Männer zu Freunden macht, by Kida Ramadan & Frederick Lau
- Travel destination: New York, Moscow, Tokyo
What makes us special
Corina is the welcoming face of the 4-star superior Alpenstern Hotel in Damüls, and is there whenever you have a request. Maximilian takes care of marketing and financial issues – and as a sommelier, he’s able to pursue his passion for wine. His father-in-law, Bertram, goes out for hikes with hotel guests and also enjoys his role as facility manager, while his son Peter treats guests to the benefits of his skill and creativity in the kitchen. Rasmus is Corina and Maximilian’s son, so the next generation is already in training; even if he’s ‘only’ charming and entertaining our guests at the moment. The Alpenstern in Damüls is a haven of pleasure and relaxation in one of the most beautiful alpine regions of Vorarlberg, but could never have earned this reputation without the dedication of our hard-working team.
A warm welcome
The host family Bischof & Steinfeld and their team look forward to welcoming guests. Experience living traditions and hospitality in Damüls in the Bregenzerwald!